Friday, February 28, 2014

‘DISCARDED ANCESTORS’ AT THE BUFFALO ARTS STUDIO




‘DISCARDED ANCESTORS’ AT THE BUFFALO ARTS STUDIO

Tonight is the opening of the Buffalo Arts Studio Members Exhibition. Three of my collage pieces are in the show. They are based on old photographs I found discarded on the eastside of Buffalo combined with my photographs of buildings and graffiti in the area. I made the frames from parts of a door found at Buffalo ReUse, then sanded to reveal all the layers of paint and time.

Tonight’s opening, part of the M&T Fourth Friday series, is from 5 to 8 pm. Buffalo Arts Studio is located on the fifth floor of the TriMain Center at 2495 Main Street in Buffalo. Parking and admission are always free.  If you come by to enjoy all the activities at the Buffalo Arts Studio, stop right next door at my studio (509) for refreshments and to see more work created out of the Rust Belt.

The exhibit will be on view until March 22, 2014. 

No comments: