Friday, December 27, 2013

THE DOLLHOUSE GOES DOWN!



I found a large dollhouse tossed out on the street, in fairly good shape except for its collapsed tower. In a perverse twist, rather than repair it, I took it down through the stages of so many abandoned properties I drive by on Fillmore Avenue.  Step one was breaking out most of the windows. Step two was boarding up the lower windows with ‘chipboard’ and marking it with city codes like “gas off.” Step three was painting miniature graffiti and then attempting to cover some of it with mismatched color blocks.  Step four was setting the second story on fire. This led to a big pile of burned trash on one side of the house. By now, ‘509’ was looking really bad and also very familiar. Not even my little collection of superheroes can save it now! Time for the toy wrecking ball and dump truck? Wow, that was fun!

If you visit my studio at the TriMain Center, you can play too!



No comments: