Friday, June 14, 2013

FINDING TREASURE AT BUFFALO REUSE




Looking for inspiration? Try rummaging around in Buffalo ReUse – located in the huge old Kaufman’s Bakery Building at 296 East Ferry. It’s filled with wooden doors, window frames, porcelain sinks and all the other details that were once found in Buffalo homes. ReUse has saved them from the landfill and will sell them back to you for pennies.

I thought strips of flooring could be the perfect material for framing a series of collages. Sanded, tinted and coated, the flooring fit the time period better than any molding I had seen in a frame shop.


Here’s one of my “Discarded Ancestors” collages finished off with a strip of flooring. For more stories of art out of the rustbelt, please join my blog. If you are using recycled materials too, I’d love to share ideas.

No comments: